Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe!

Just when you thought it was safe for grandma to take the grand kids shopping you turn around to find your grandson hit the concrete floor and split his chin open. Poor Jax's ran over to me and I thought he was just embarrassed so I told him " you are tough" great comment don't you think. What the hell was I thinking. I said let me look and see if you are ok. Well, he wasn't I had blood all over my coat and he had it on his coat and the floor. I quickly asked the clerk for a Kleenex's and band aids. It was split open the size of 2 nickles. I figured we were heading to the ER for stitches. I am always so careful to watch them. Yeah right don't trust the old lady with grand kids I was sure Mom and Dad were thinking when I talked with them. So I packed up the boys and off we went to the Veterinary office. I know you are wondering "is she fricken nuts"? Dump lady the ER not the vet. Ok don't freak out yet, you see we own a Veterinary hospital and my husband was on call and Jax's Dad was there working. I wanted them to take a look and see what damage I caused and than make a decision for stitches or NO stitches. Great news a little surgical glue, a couple butterfly band aids and we were off again to try shopping once again. So I am telling all you grandparents never assume because that is when it happens.

No comments: