No one ever said that making a bed was easy. And I am not talking about the daily straightening and rearranging of the sheets and fluffing of the pillows or the frequent task of changing the sheets and pillow slips. Really "making" a bed into a comfortable, gorgeous place to lie down actually takes quite a bit of designing, careful craftsmanship, some excellent fabrics, beautiful.
First, start with the bed. If it's a platform or a simple legged frame with no
headboard or foot board, all one needs is a bed skirt, linens, possibly a coverlet, and lots of pillows. If it's a water bed (and yes, I have had some experience with those, though I never owned one), much of this won't apply because canopies, special mattress and box spring covers, and bed skirts aren't necessary for the typical water bed -- or army cot or hammock for that matter.
headboard or foot board, all one needs is a bed skirt, linens, possibly a coverlet, and lots of pillows. If it's a water bed (and yes, I have had some experience with those, though I never owned one), much of this won't apply because canopies, special mattress and box spring covers, and bed skirts aren't necessary for the typical water bed -- or army cot or hammock for that matter.Way to go Martha we all know what is expected of us now
. I know I will sleep better tonight. Looks hard as a rock if you ask me.
. I know I will sleep better tonight. Looks hard as a rock if you ask me.I wanted to show bed making 101 skill today. I decided my Blog is just to boring. My cleaning ladies are not sure how to
make my bed so this was what the finished product looks like after there attempt. How awesome is this. I am sure Martha Stewart would be proud. I came in and was laughing so hard. For all you that want a lesson let me know and I can demonstrate just how to get this look. Love my cleaning ladies though.
make my bed so this was what the finished product looks like after there attempt. How awesome is this. I am sure Martha Stewart would be proud. I came in and was laughing so hard. For all you that want a lesson let me know and I can demonstrate just how to get this look. Love my cleaning ladies though.


3 comments:
OMG that is the funniest thing. I swear so many people don't know how to make a bed. I am really weird about how my bed looks. Ask Clay. Did you show them how? LOL
Ha ha! You'd think they'd know how to make a bed, they're cleaning ladies for heaven sake! That's great, I'm glad you shared!
On the bright side they didn't ruin your vanity! I am glad the new cleaning ladies are doing a better job. The picture is pretty funny!
Post a Comment